Tehran – The bodies of three seafarers of an Iranian oil tanker which sank in East China sea last month will be flown to Tehran Monday night.
Iranian Consul General in Shanghai Alireza Irvash says the bodies of these brave sailors will be transferred to Tehran aboard Mahan Airline flight No. w5060 tomorrow night.
“All the procedures and measures necessary to transfer the bodies of the sailors have been conducted, and based on the planning and follow-up work done, the transfer of the bodies are final,” he said, according to a Farsi report by IRIB News Agency.
The Sanchi oil tanker carrying 136 thousand tonnes of oil condensates collided with a freight ship belonging to Hong Kong on January 1, 2018.
Upon impact, the oil tanker caught fire and exploded, leaving all 32 sailors, including 30 Iranians and two Bangladeshis, missing. Sanchi was ablaze for several days and rescue workers only managed to recover the bodies of three sailors. DNA tests proved that they were all Iranian, and now the bodies are ready to be flown to Iran.